Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Summer's End

I took a break from producing the Tier 3 perks of my crowd funding initiative, which I have decided to launch in the spring of next year; there are too many events going on between now and December.

Perhaps it is the time of year, but lately I have been thinking about the colors of events in time. This paintings a visual poem about summer's passing into autumn, the green giving way to shades of gold and rust and the hues in between.


The painting had a trying start: I attempted using an abstract drawing I composed three years ago as my subject: I'll never do that again! I plan on having at least one other painting completed in time for my 15 November Studio Exhibition, one of which I will raffle off.

Details
Title: Summer's End
Acrylic, oil, interference and textile on canvas
72.5 cm x 90 cm (unframed)
Close-ups of the work to the right





No comments:

Post a Comment