Sunday, May 31, 2015

Cut Back

I am going to produce four paintings about surfing before and or after the Orvis Residency  which starts in July; this is the first: Cut Back.  It's really a painting about the wave, not so much the surfer, about wind and sea, where the two meet. I am planning the final canvas to be largely figurative; a post-session "herbing under the trees" with the boys following an epic session. I am going to call the collection  Road to the Sea after the spot my pals and I used to surf in South Kona many years ago. Still need to sign the work,but here are the updated pics including the close-ups of the work.  Selling the piece for $650.00 USD price includes free shipping and frame anywhere in the world except places that are in conflict that FedEx fears to go.














Title: Cut Back
Acrylic, Oil, Interference and textile on canvas
24" x 30"

No comments:

Post a Comment