Tuesday, April 4, 2017

The Heights

Finally finished The Heights March 31st which sold three days later at Gallery57 in Mosaic District.

Quite pleased with the finished product. I made jokes about it being an homage to David Hockney but  that was largely an after thought since the twelve 7cm x 7cm canvases resembled Polaroids from a distance if you squint a lot.

Kidding aside, the overall effect gives an impression of a mult-paned window. The effect is captivating.  I might try this again at some point, but for the time being, I am still interested in elevating the surface tension aspect captured in Heaven and Earth in a new work I think I will call Lost Horizons. 

Thanks to Mosaic and Emerging Artists Initiative, artists (like me) have a venue that brings the public to the artist without hoopla.  Long overdue.






No comments:

Post a Comment