Friday, August 1, 2014

A Word from The Author...

Young Salary Man Mask form the Modern Mask Series
Topolism is a term I came up after practicing the technique for more than three years. Although other mixed media artists have added surfaces to substrate and have used substrates other than conventional canvas or board, my approach has a "framework" that describes the techniques' practice. In short, it has a definition that resembles academe formality.  You can download my iBook for free from iTunes that talks about the evolution of the style which began with my son Winter and my desire to help him explore visual arts.

Detail from Young Salary Man Mask
I am in the process of authoring a comprehensive catalogue of my work to date that will include the eight works that comprise the "Modern Mask Dance" series and it's attendant plot.  I will make that available on my web site as a PDF download for free, I plan on  using the printed hard copies as part of a "reward tier" on Kickstarter and Indiegogo for my gallery funding initiative.

I don't have any immediate plans to quit my day job (consulting) but I have every intention of giving equal or greater attention to promoting my art, and the first really new style of the Twenty-first Century: Topolism.

No comments:

Post a Comment