Thursday, July 30, 2015

Orvis Residency: Day 20 (20-29 July)


I have been remiss in my postings lately: Instagram has been getting the best of me! Rift is now roughly 75% complete; very confident the art will be completed with a week to spare. It has always been my goal to have the art finished so the final week of my residency can be spent answering questions from museum visitors. I will also need that last week to plan dismantling and removal for storage until the art's new home has been resolved.

The artwork is important: it encapsulates humanity's march to oblivion (if unchecked) in a poignant,  symbolically understandable depiction. Interested parties have been identified as caretakers/exhibitors, but until details can be ironed out, the work will need to be stored in a secure, environmentally benign space. To that end, I am crowd funding for storage costs on Indiegogo and would appreciate anyone reading this blog to follow and or forward my plea to people that support art preservation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment